Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Why we are in trouble

Archbishop Timothy Dolan of New York, and also President of the USCCB, is being trumpeted as a solid conservative by the "oh so anxious for any bishop that even sounds conservative conservatives" (if you can follow that).

But gay marriage has triumphed under his nose for a reason. And there's more to come. Sadly, it seems Dolan is more interested in being well-liked than well, well anything else.

Consider this little interchange on Fox and Friends, 11/24/2010: (This link no longer works. See video below.)


Fox:
Do you have a message of thanksgiving?
Dolan:
I know a lot of people -- >> you bet I do.
Dolan:
I'm thankful my mom is here.
Dolan:
She's going to be with me.
Dolan:
I'm thankful she's going to be making the dressing and the pumpkin pie.
Fox:
I'm -- >> you're off the hook, huh?
Dolan:
>> I'm thankful for thanksgiving.
Dolan:
It's a time of the year when people are open to the lord and we don't think about ourselves.
Dolan:
We're grateful to god.
Dolan:
We're conscious that somebody, some call him or her, whatever you want, somebody beyond us is in charge and we are immensely grateful that it's not about us.


Hmmm, "him or her, whatever you want". Thank you Archbishop for your conviction about our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...